The summer transfer window has now closed and Arsenal got through a lot more business than you might have been expected at the start of it.
That being said, quite how, or why, Sead Kolasinac, Granit Xhaka and Mohamed Elneny are still at the club is a bit of a mystery. The window in Turkey is open for another week, so we could maybe shift one, if not two of them, still.
Across the men’s, women’s and youth teams, Arsenal brought in a total of 10 players. 16 left on loan, nine were sold or left for free, one had his contract terminated and 10 players renewed their contracts. Although they will receive loan fees, Arsenal received a transfer fee for just one player – Joe Willock.
Let’s run through all those deals now:
Arsenal contract renewals
- Kieran Tierney Kieran Tierney signed a new long-term deal with the club. Previous reports on the contract extension suggest it will run until 2026 and earn him over £100,000-a-week.
- Leah Williamson. Leah Williamson signed what is believed to be a one-year extension to her contract.
- Arthur Okonkwo. Arthur Okonkwo extended his contract with Arsenal and received a promotion to the first-team squad as their number three goalkeeper.
- Emile Smith Rowe contract extension
- Kido Taylor-Hart 3-year contract extension
- Mazeed Ogungbo signed first professional contract
- Ovie Ejeheri signed first professional contract
- Nathan Butler-Oyedeji signed first professional contract
- Granit Xhaka contract extension
- Reiss Nelson contract extension
Arsenal transfers out – permanent deals
- Trae Coyle – Signed for FC Lausanne-Sport. Trae Coyle completed a permanent transfer, signing a long-term deal with the Swiss Super League side, ending 12 or so years in North London.
- Zech Medley – Signed for K.V. Oostende. Medley spent four-and-a-half years with the Gunners after joining from Chelsea, though he was always an Arsenal boy at heart.Oostende have confirmed that Medley signed a deal to 2025, with an option for a further year.
- Mark McGuinness – Signed for Cardiff City. Mark McGuinness has joined Cardiff City on a permanent deal, bringing an end his 10-year-spell at the club. He signed a professional contract with the club in 2019.
- Jason Shara – Signed for Barnsley.
- Daniel Oyegoke – Signed for Brentford. The 18-year-old right-back Oyegoke was offered the chance to stay by Arsenal. The Premier League retained list confirmed that they’d presented him with a contract offer, but he evidently chose not to accept it.
- Ben Sheaf – Signed for Coventry City.Sheaf signed a three-year deal with his new club, moving for an undisclosed fee.
- Jill Roord – Transfer to Wolfsburg. Arsenal sold Jill Roord to Wolfsburg for an undisclosed fee. The midfielder signed a three-year contract until June 30, 2024.
- Tolaji Bola – Transfer to Rotherham United for an undisclosed fee.
- Joe Willock – Signed for Newcastle on a six-year deal. Arsenal will receive around £22m.
Arsenal transfers out – loan deals
- Konstantinos Mavropanos – Stuttgart on loan with option to buy (€7m).
- Daniel Ballard – Loan with Millwall. Reports suggested at least five Championship clubs were interested in Ballard, as well as some clubs overseas. Blackpool were particularly keen to bring him back after the centre-back spent the 2020/21 campaign on loan with them.
- Matt Smith – Doncaster Rovers on loan. Matt Smith will spend another year in League One, with the young Arsenal midfielder joining Doncaster Rovers.
- Matteo Guendouzi – Loan to Marseille with obligation to purchase (€1m + €11m).
- William Saliba – Loan to Marseille with no purchase option.
- Deyan Iliev – Loan to SKF Sered.
- Nikolaj Moller – Loan to FC Viktoria Koln.
- Tyreece John-Jules – Loan to Blackpool.
- Harry Clarke – Loan to Ross County
- Tom Smith – Loan to Welling United
- Jordi Osei-Tutu – Loan to Nottingham Forest
- Lucas Torreira – Loan to Fiorentina
- Miguel Azeez – Loan to Portsmouth
- Reiss Nelson – Loan to Feyenoord
- Alex Runarsson – Loan to OH Leuven
- Hector Bellerin – Loan to Real Betis
- Jonathan Dinzeyi – Loan to Carlisle United
Arsenal transfers in – permanent deals
- Mana Iwabuchi. Signed from Aston Villa
- Nikita Parris. Signed from Lyon (€80,000 with add-ons of a possible €20,000)
- Nuno Tavares. Signed from Benfica (£7.2m)
- Albert Sambi Lokonga. Signed from Anderlecht (£15.75m)
- Simone Boye. Signed from Bayern Munich
- Mika Biereth. Signed from Fulham
- Ben White. Signed from Brighton (£50m)
- Martin Odegaard. Signed from Real Madrid (£31.5m)
- Aaron Ramsdale. Signed from Sheffield United (£24m+)
- Takehiro Tomiyasu. Signed from Bologna (£17m+)
Arsenal contract terminations
Collapsed Arsenal deals
- Runar Runarsson to Altay Spor collapsed when both sides failed to agree terms
- Granit Xhaka from Arsenal to Roma