Now that the England u21s to u17s have completed their international fixtures for the break, let’s look back at how the Arsenal players did.
Arsenal had seven call-ups this October, with Emile Smith Rowe, Folarin Balogun, and Tyreece John-Jules joining the u21s, Miguel Azeez joining the u20s, Charlie Patino the u19s, Josh Robinson the u18s, and Amario Cozier-Duberry linking up with the u17s.
Overall, it seemed to go pretty well. Starting with the u21s, Smith Rowe was heavily involved, scored a goal and won a Player of the Match award.
Balogun and John-Jules didn’t feature as much, but Rhian Brewster’s red card opens up an opportunity in the next break.
For the u20s, Azeez returned from his recent injury to score one and assist one in his only game of the break.
Patino made his debut for the England u19s in a win over Mexico, whilst Robinson made his debut for the England u18s in a win over Russia, so that all went well too.
Cozier-Duberry featured in all three games for the England u17s, appearing off the bench in the first two before getting a start in the final game. He scored on his debut and provided an assist on his first start.
Below is the full list of Arsenal player results.
Games are marked with H for home, A for away, N for neutral venue. All times in BST.
Thursday, 7th October
- (H): England u20s 1-1 Italy u20s – Azeez played 19 minutes.
- (A): Slovenia u21s 2-2 England u21s – Smith Rowe played 90 minutes, Balogun and John-Jules played the final 20.
Saturday, 9th October
- (N): England u19s 3-1 Mexico u19s – Patino played 70 minutes against Marcelo Flores’ Mexico.
Monday, 11th October
- (N): England u18s 3-0 Russia u18s – Robinson made his England debut.
- (A): Czech Republic u20s 0-5 England u20s – Azeez scored one and assisted one, playing 90 minutes.
- (A): Andorra u21s 0-1 England u21s – Smith Rowe scored the winner and won Player of the Match, playing 90 minutes.
Saturday, 16th October
- (N): England u17s 7-0 Armenia u17s – Cozier-Duberry played 22 minutes and scored.
Tuesday, 19th October
- (A): Belarus u17s 0-1 England u17s – Cozier-Duberry played 19 minutes.
Friday, 22nd October
- (N): England u17s 2-2 Slovakia u17s – Cozier-Duberry played 90 minutes and provided an assist.