Four Arsenal players have featured with the England youth teams in the first round of fixtures, while Ryan Garry coached his first England u18 game.
Every England team from the u21s to the u18s has now played their first fixture of the international break, but Arsenal involvement was fairly minimal for those opening games.
The Arsenal youngsters were busiest in the England u21 draw with Slovenia. Emile Smith Rowe started the game and Tyreece John-Jules and Folarin Balogun came off the bench in the 70th minute, but they couldn’t find a late winner.
Balogun was bright and had a decent penalty claim turned down, and he’ll hope to start the next game now. Smith Rowe created one excellent chance which wasn’t converted, as both he and John-Jules both played out wide on the day.
Miguel Azeez came off the bench for the England u20s, in another draw. The u20s were playing Italy, and Azeez came on in the 71st minute.
That was former Arsenal interim u23 coach Ryan Garry’s first game in charge of the u18 side, and he’ll hope they can bounce back against Russia on Monday.
Fixtures and Results
Games are marked with H for home, A for away, N for neutral venue. All times in BST.
Wednesday, 6th October
- (N): England u19s 1-3 France u19s – Patino didn’t feature.
Thursday, 7th October
- (N): England u18s 1-2 Norway u18s – Robinson didn’t feature.
- (H): England u20s 1-1 Italy u20s – Azeez played 19 minutes.
- (A): Slovenia u21s 2-2 England u21s – Smith Rowe played 90 minutes, Balogun and John-Jules played the final 20.
Saturday, 9th October
- 2:30pm (N): England u19s vs Mexico u19s
Monday, 11th October
- 2pm (N): England u18s vs Russia u18s
- 4pm (A): Czech Republic u20s vs England u20s
- 7pm (A): Andorra u21s vs England u21s
Tuesday, 12th October
- 3pm (N): England u19s vs Belgium u19s
Saturday, 16th October
- 1pm (N): England u17s vs Armenia u17s
Tuesday, 19th October
- 2pm (A): Belarus u17s vs England u17s
Friday, 22nd October
- 1pm (N): England u17s vs Slovakia u17s