Arsenal announced four different deals on Monday but we’re still waiting for official confirmation of Gabriel Magalhaes’ €30m move to the club.
All the juicy transfer gossip (men, women, youth) and updates are at the bottom, just before the ex-Arsenal and general football updates. Below, you will also find Arsenal news (men, women, youth), Arsenal injury news (men, women, youth), Arsenal club gossip, and Arsenal loan news.
Arsenal news & gossip Mega Update #7
Arsenal news (general)
There is actual football this week (shocker, when is there not?) as Arsenal face Liverpool in what is the traditional curtain-raiser for the season at Wembley in the Community Shield.
We had a stab at predicting Mikel Arteta’s first line-up of his first full season in charge of Arsenal.
Arsenal news (men)
Kieran Tierney back with Scotland
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) August 25, 2020
Emi Martinez repeats himself. Again. And Again
For what must be at least the third, if not fourth, time since the FA Cup final, Emi Martinez has reiterated that he would like to be Arsenal’s first choice keeper and will determine his future at the club based on that. We get it Emi. We get it.
Arsenal announce 2 players they’ve already announced
Seems they had just announced the intention to sign, now they actually have.
Arsenal news (women)
Player of the Year
Arsenal women on TV
Two Arsenal matches have been selected for TV coverage. Arsenal v Reading on September 6 will be shown on the BBC Red Button while West Ham v Arsenal on September 12 will be on BT Sport.
Arsenal post-PSG analysis
We take a look at want went wrong for Arsenal against PSG Feminines in San Sebastian on Saturday night.
Arsenal news (youth)
Jonathan Dinzeyi officially completed his free transfer to Arsenal on Monday, after reaching the end of his deal with Tottenham Hotspur.
Scholar of the Year
Arsenal injury news (all)
Arsenal have issued the following updates:
- Bernd Leno – Fit and available for selection.
- Calum Chambers -Aiming to be back in full training as soon as possible this calendar year.
- Gabriel Martinelli – Currently in Brazil visiting family and following a tailored daily rehab and fitness programme. Due back 31 August.
- Pablo Mari – Aiming to return to full training in September.
- Shkodran Mustafi – Aiming to return to full training in October
- William Saliba – Integrating well since joining in the close season. Fully fit and available for selection.
Arsenal club gossip
The Arsenal legend is apparently keen to come back to Arsenal.
Arsenal loan news
There have been no new loans or updates but you can stay up-to-date with what we’ve already covered on our Arsenal Loan Watch page.
Arsenal gossip (youth)
Sam Greenwood to Leeds United
Leeds United are trying to tie up the £3m signing of Arsenal academy striker Sam Greenwood and it looks like it could complete today
— Pete O'Rourke (@SportsPeteO) August 26, 2020
Jordi Osei-Tutu reportedly had a medical with Cardiff City on Tuesday morning ahead of a loan transfer to the Welsh club this summer.
Arsenal consider John-Jules loan and £8m Balogun sale
Arsenal are evaluating loan offers for Tyreece John-Jules and fielding proposals for a permanent move for Folarin Balogun, according to reports.
Arsenal gossip (men)
Gabriel nearly done
Arsenal will reportedly pay him €2m-a-year and you can see how that’s broken down here.
Rob Holding to join him?
Rob Holding has apparently been told he’s free to make a move to Leeds should he want to and they want him. The Daily Star state Mikel Arteta has transfer-listed the defender as one of 15 players up for sale.
Matteo Guendouzi to PSG?
Paris Saint-Germain are keeping an eye on Matteo Guendouzi for a possible move this summer, according to reports in France.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles to Wolves?
Wolves are in advanced talks with Arsenal over the permanent signing of Ainsley Maitland-Niles, though there’s still a way to go yet.
Hector Bellerin offered to PSG?
The Arsenal defender has apparently been offered to PSG this summer according to RMC.
I hope he hasn’t.
Sead Kolasinac back to Schalke?
Lucas Torreira to Italy?
Lots of Italian interests in Torreira but Fiorentina were the only team to contact Arsenal who demanded a huge fee of €30m. Italian team know with passing of time (the transfer deadline comes closer) Arsenal will reduce their demands https://t.co/mWDa8FrHvP
— Osman (@OsmanZtheGooner) August 25, 2020
Ex-Arsenal news and gossip
Mathieu Flamini: ‘We have a social responsibility, to use our platform to drive change’
Former Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini has made sustainability his life goal and wants more athletes to follow the example set by Marcus Rashford, something he explains in more detail to The Guardian.
Yaya Sanogo to Middlesbrough?
Non Arsenal football news and gossip
- Manchester City are working out if they could bid for Barcelona and Argentina forward Lionel Messi, 33, if he becomes available. (ESPN)
- Former Inter Milan owner Massimo Moratti believes his former club are trying to buy Messi. (AS – in Spanish)
- Thiago says he will decide his future in the next 24 hours. (Standard)
- Rangers’ 23-year-old English winger Ryan Kent has told manager Steven Gerrard he wants to stay at the club despite interest from Leeds. (Sun)
- Everton have reached an agreement with Napoli to pay £31.5m for their 29-year-old Brazil midfielder Allan. (Express)
- Barcelona will terminate the contract of 33-year-old Uruguay striker Luis Suarez. (RAC1, via Mail)
- Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof, 26, has been thanked by Swedish police for catching a thief who robbed an elderly woman. (Sky Sports)
- Bournemouth have made about 10 members of staff redundant. (Bournemouth Echo)
Kieran Tierney is the bargain of the century https://t.co/k48k84yr1C
— Paddy (@IsMisePaddy) August 25, 2020
You might be wondering why I put the transfer stuff so far down the page when I know that’s why so many of you come to read these updates. Honestly, it’s because these take a looooong time to put together and the longer you’re on the page, the more that helps the site with its rankings. Think of scrolling to the bottom as your way of saying thank you :p