Arsenal’s 19-year-old forward, Nikolaj Moller has signed on a loan for FC Den Bosch in the Netherlands after he was recalled at the start of January.
With Arsenal down to just a handful of strikers, yet another is off on loan as the January transfer window comes to a close.
Chris Wheatley reported on Sunday that Nikolaj Moller was set to sign for Dutch side FC Den Bosch, currently 11th in the Ereste Divisie, for the rest of the season on loan and Arsenal have now confirmed the move.
Moller scored three goals, with one assist, in 13 appearances for FC Viktoria Koln in the first half of the season but was recalled at the start of January.
The club no doubt felt he wasn’t getting enough game time, totalling up just two league starts with most of his minutes, and all of his goals, coming in the cups.
Of course, few would expect the teenager, who has been labelled the ‘next Zlatan’ to be the saviour the first team need. It does, however, mean even fewer options for a manager who has Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah to choose from, unless he opts to patch things up with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, which seems unlikely.
The list of players Arsenal have already allowed to leave on loan/permanently is certainly building, with more expected to depart before the window closes at 11pm on Monday night:
- Harry Clarke has joined Hibernian on loan until the end of the season.
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles has joined AS Roma on loan until the end of the season.
- Folarin Balogun has joined Middlebrough on loan until the end of the season.
- Dejan Iliev’s contract has been terminated.
- Brooke Norton-Cuffy has joined Lincoln City on loan.
- Arsenal have terminated Sead Kolasinac’s contract
- Pablo Mari has joined Udinese on loan until the end of the season.
- Tyreece John-Jules has joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan until the end of the season.
- Calum Chambers has signed for Aston Villa in a permanent deal.
- Ryan Alebiosu has joined Crewe Alexandra on loan until the end of the season.