According to L’Equipe, Philippe Coutinho will sign for Arsenal on loan as this transfer window looks set to end with a huge bang (or whimper) for Arsenal.
Despite Unai Emery saying Arsenal have not discussed signing Philippe Coutinho, L’Equipe are this afternoon reporting that the player will ‘finally return to the Premier League’ and ‘should be loaned to Arsenal’.
Unai Emery told reporters after Arsenal’s game against Barcelona, “We’ve never talked about Coutinho.
“He’s a splendid player, but we haven’t talked about Coutinho at any time.”
As we head into the final 48 hours of the window Arsenal are reportedly:
- Trying to sign Upamecano but RB Leipzig want smith Rowe as part of any deal
- Trying to sell Carl Jenkinson to Nottingham Forest
- Selling Laurent Koscielny to Bordeaux
- Trying to sign Daniele Rugani
- Trying to loan out Eddie Nketiah
- Trying to sign Kieran Tierney
- Crying in a corner that nobody wants Shkodran Mustafi
Less than a hour after this was reported, Julien Laurens tweeted to say:
Arsenal are not signing Coutinho. They are not in for him and never were. They are looking actively for a centre back before Thursday’s transfer deadline.
— Julien Laurens (@LaurensJulien) August 6, 2019