Lee Mason will take charge of Arsenal’s game against Newcastle this weekend and, despite being viewed as a widely incompetent ref, he’s actually one we do really well under.
When I think o Lee Mason, I don’t get a warm feeling in my stomach. ather, I find it hard to keep my eyes from rolling from their sockets.
Imagine, then, my surprise to learn that Arsenal actually do really well under him.
How bad does that mean he really is if we generally do well under him and I still don’t rate him in the slightest?
Arsenal, officials and Lee Mason this season
- Arsenal are the 5th unluckiest team in the Premier League according to the URef App’s team
- Fortune Stat reveals that The Gunners have been the 5th worst treated team in the Premier League this season in terms of Key Contentious Decisions going against them.
- On the other hand, Newcastle are the 7th best treated team.
- Arsenal’s Best Referee – Arsenal win 80% of their Premier League Matches under Mason – He is their best Referee in the Premier League in terms of win rate
- Newcastle have a decent record under Mason in the Premier League since 2014: 14 Matches, 6 Wins, 6 Losses, 2 Draws – 43% Win Rate. Mason is Newcastle’s 3rd best Premier League referee.
- Lee Mason has a Key Decision Accuracy of 67% this season.
- Mason is the 6th best Referee in the league in terms of KDA.
- Expect no VAR Alignment: VAR is yet to overrule Mason this season. Lee Mason has made 7 Key Contentious decisions that have been thoroughly checked by VAR this year and it has overruled 0/7 decisions. Mason has a perfect 100% VAR Alignment which means nothing, let’s face it.
- Home Team Advantage: When Mason Referees in the Premier League, the home team wins a hefty 52% of matches -the 4th highest home team win rate of all Premier League referees.