Alexandre Lacazette only needs to score against three more teams to have a goal against every club in the Premier League since joining Arsenal.
With his goal against Southampton, Lacazette reduced the number of Premier League teams he’s faced without scoring to just four.
One of these teams is Swansea City, so it’s unlikely he’s going to get another chance in the near future. However, of the teams currently in the top flight, there are only three remaining: Brighton, Watford and Wolves.
Here’s the full list of Premier League teams Lacazette has scored against, along with the date of his first goal against each side:
- Leicester City – 8th August 2017
- AFC Bournemouth – 9th September 2017
- West Bromwich Albion (now Championship) – 25th September 2017
- Everton – 22nd October 2017
- Manchester City – 5th November 2017
- Huddersfield Town – 29th November 2017
- Manchester United – 2nd December 2017
- Crystal Palace – 20th January 2018
- Stoke City (now Championship) – 1st April 2018
- Newcastle United – 15th April 2018
- West Ham United – 22nd April 2018
- Burnley – 6th May 2018
- Cardiff City – 2nd September 2018
- Fulham – 7th October 2018
- Liverpool – 3rd November 2018
- Tottenham Hotspur – 2nd December 2018
- Chelsea – 19th January 2019
- Southampton – 24th February 2019
If the French striker wants to complete the set by the end of the season, he’ll have to score one in each of the following fixtures:
- Watford vs Arsenal – 15th April 2019
- Arsenal vs Brighton – 4th May 2019
- Wolves vs Arsenal – TBC
Though the statistic is really not much more than a fun fact, it does highlight just how well Lacazette spreads his goals around. He very rarely racks up two or three goals in matches Arsenal have already won against relegation fodder, instead reserving his efforts for when they really matter.
For the record, Lacazette missed clashes with Watford and Brighton last season while he was injured, and he’s provided assists against both of them since then, so it’s not as if he struggles much with their games either.
The 27-year-old is yet to contribute to a goal of any kind against Wolves, but he’s only played them once. Let’s hope he can change that whenever the away game at the Molineux finally ends happening.