Mesut Ozil’s agent has come out swinging at Martin Keown after the former Arsenal man laid into the German once again but what most people missed in his comments is the confirmation that Ozil will be at Arsenal next season and he wants to ‘lead the team forward’.
1No holding back
Many had speculated about Ozil’s place in the Arsenal squad under a new manager after what they perceive to be a lack of dedication on his part.
However, the German, who has been playing with a back problem all season, still leads the charts when it comes to creating chances and playing key passes with few others at Arsenal covering more ground than the player dubbed ‘lazy’ by many who clearly aren’t paying attention.
Ozil’s agent, Dr. Erkut Sogut, has come to his player’s defence previously when he was facing unfair criticism from the press – a hallmark of his time at Arsenal despite his record as the highest assist-maker in the Premier League since his arrival.
At the end of his lengthy statement, that you can read in full on the next page, Dr. Sogut said, “Mesut wants to lead this club forward while you try to divide the club to keep yourself in the public eye and relevant with stupid, incorrect comments.”
‘Mesut wants to lead this club forward…’
After Arsenal’s defeat at the hands of Atletico Madrid, Martin Keown did not hold back with his thoughts on Ozil. He rarely does.
This is far from the first time that the 51-year-old has criticised Ozil excessively – he’s been at it for years raising the very real question – what does Keown have against Ozil?
Just a quick look at some posts we’ve covered over the past year shows a consistent trend of Keown attacking Ozil:
- Keown claimed Ozil had ‘left Arsenal mentally’ in December
- Claimed he was playing like he wanted to leave back in May 2017
- Martin Keown: “Arsenal have been too nice to Ozil and Alexis”
- Keown: “Arsenal right to sell overindulged Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez“
- Keown: Alexis and Özil are heading for the exit door
- Martin Keown latest lazy pundit to slam Mesut Ozil
- Wenger defends Ozil from Gerrard and Keown criticism
- Keown continues Ozil criticism
- Keown: Arsenal much better without Alexis or Özil
- Keown believes Wenger doesn’t trust Ozil anymore
- Keown: Ozil has downed tools
- Keown ‘astonished’ Ozil could stay at Arsenal
- Keown continues attacking Mesut Ozil
- Keown wonders if Ozil was playing for a move
- Keown: Ozil needs to be challenged every week to perform
- Keown: Sanchez and Ozil have been overindulged
- Keown: Ozil and Alexis are leaving a bad smell at Arsenal
- Keown: Ozil and Alexis have held the club to ransom
Click next to read Dr. Erkut Sogut’s explosive statement about Martin Keown in full: