Roma are reportedly keen on signing Riyad Mahrez from Leicester this summer.
- Riyad Mahrez wants to join Arsenal according to reports
- Riyad Mahrez deal could be off as Arsenal target Lemar
- Have Arsenal misled Riyad Mahrez?
- Leicester get firm with Mahrez over Arsenal transfer
- Roma keeping an eye on Mahrez
Arsenal were heavily linked with the Algeria international last summer and again this year, with the Foxes reportedly only asking for £35m for the 26-year-old. However, just as talks seemed to be progressing well, Leicester allegedly hiked Mahrez’s transfer fee up to £50m and the deal appeared to dissolve overnight.
This apparently left Mahrez furious as he wanted to move to Arsenal and now Arsene Wenger’s focus seems to have swung back to Monaco winger, Thomas Lemar, who will set the Gunners back around the same amount of money but with more potential.
Mahrez has returned to pre-season training with Leicester but whether he’ll stay there remains to be seen.