Sporting are reportedly demanding at least £30m for defensive midfielder, William Carvalho.
- The army brat, the destroyer, the pornstar and the Russian doll
- Arsenal planning ambitious bid to sign Gelson Martins and William Carvalho
- Arsenal scout Carvalho again despite watching him for 4 years
- Carvalho could be devastating, dominating force for Arsenal
- Sporting demanding at least £30m for Carvalho
Arsenal are once again being linked with Carvalho and it seems that his current club, Sporting, aren’t willing to allow him to leave the Portuguese club for anything less than €35m (£30.75m) this summer.
According to Abola, Sporting know that Arsenal sent their scouts to watch the 25-year-old play in the Confederations Cup in Russia recently and they’re apparently expecting Arsene Wenger to make a move for him.
Carvalho, who has three years left on his current deal in Portugal, could be a pricey replacement for the out-of-favour Francis Coquelin. However, with Arsenal already set to splash the cash this summer, it remains to be seen whether they will see an urgent need to strengthen midfield.
The Portugal international made 43 appearances last season and is one of Sporting’s key stars.
He’s been at the club since 2005, working through the ranks and completing two loans spells at Fatima and Cercle Brugge in his late teens.