Chelsea reportedly aren’t willing to meet Real Madrid’s £70m asking price for Arsenal target, James Rodriguez.
- Rodriguez made just 13 La Liga starts last season
- Real value Rodriguez at £70m after signing him from Monaco in 2014 for £63m
- Chelsea unwilling to meet valuation
- James Rodriguez wants to snub Arsenal interest to reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Bayern
- Arsenal make bid for Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez
Arsenal have been heavily linked with Real’s Rodriguez recently, with reports that the Gunners, as well as Manchester United and Inter Milan, have put in an offer just shy of the attacking midfielder’s £70m asking price.
Chelsea, who have always allegedly been contenders for the 25-year-old’s signature, appear to be unwilling to meet Real’s valuation, according to the Evening Standard.
Rodriguez scored eight and assisted six goals in 22 La Liga appearances last season and considering each time he featured it was only for an average of 53.7 minutes, that’s pretty good going. It also means that the midfielder contributed to a league goal every 84.4 minutes.
The Colombia international has three years left on his current deal.