Midway through the November international break, let’s take a look at how Arsenal’s internationals are getting on so far.
Though Arsenal have received plenty of international call-ups for the November break as usual, a few of those usually involved with their countries have missed out this time.
“I’ve said to Eddie, we see Callum and Ollie slightly ahead of him, but he’s progressing really well as a young player,” Southgate said.
“We wanted to include him (in September and October) as a younger forward that we didn’t know as much about and he’s an excellent finisher. He’s left a positive impression on us.”
With that in mind, here are all the call-ups received by Arsenal players for the November internationals.
Arsenal internationals called up in November
- Belgium – Trossard
- Brazil – Gabriel, Jesus, Martinelli
- Egypt – Elneny
- England – Ramsdale, Rice, Saka
- Estonia – Hein
- France – Saliba
- Germany – Havertz
- Iceland – Runarsson
- Italy – Jorginho
- Japan – Tomiyasu
- Poland – Kiwior
- Spain – Raya
- Ukraine – Zinchenko
Arsenal international November fixtures and results
All times in GMT
Wednesday, 15th November
- Belgium 1-0 Serbia – Friendly – Trossard played 23 minutes as a substitute.
Thursday, 16th November
- Japan 5-0 Myanmar – World Cup qualifier – Tomiyasu wasn’t involved in the squad for Japan, with reports suggesting they were resting him due to fatigue.
- Egypt 6-0 Djibouti – World Cup qualifier – Elneny played 90 minutes for Egypt.
- Estonia 0-2 Austria – EURO qualifier – Hein played 90 minutes for Estonia.
- Cyprus 1-3 Spain – EURO qualifier – Raya played 90 minutes for Spain.
- Slovakia 4-2 Iceland – EURO qualifier – Runarsson was benched for Iceland.
Friday, 17th November
- Colombia 2-1 Brazil – World Cup qualifier – Martinelli scored his first goal for Brazil and played 90 minutes, whilst Gabriel played 82 minutes. Jesus wasn’t involved, as assessments continued on his fitness.
- England 2-0 Malta – EURO qualifier – Saka came off the bench for England for 45 minutes and provided an assist, Rice came off the bench for 29 minutes and had a goal disallowed for offside against Harry Kane. Ramsdale remained on the bench.
- Italy 5-2 North Macedonia – EURO qualifier – Jorginho played 62 minutes for Italy and had a penalty saved.
- Poland 1-1 Czech Republic – EURO qualifier – Kiwior played 90 minutes for Poland.
Saturday, 18th November
- France 14-0 Gibraltar – EURO qualifier – Saliba played nine minutes for France.
- Germany 2-3 Turkey – Friendly – Havertz played 90 minutes for Germany at left-back and scored.
Sunday, 19th November
- Sierra Leone 0-2 Egypt – World Cup qualifier – Elneny played 90 minutes for Egypt.
- Belgium 5-0 Azerbaijan – EURO qualifier – Trossard played 90 minutes for Belgium and scored.
- Sweden 2-0 Estonia – EURO qualifier – Hein played 90 minutes for Estonia.
- Portugal 2-0 Iceland – EURO qualifier – Runarsson was on the bench for Iceland.
- Spain 3-1 Georgia – EURO qualifier – Raya was on the bench for Spain.
Monday, 20th November
- 19:45 – North Macedonia vs England – EURO qualifier
- 19:45 – Ukraine vs Italy – EURO qualifier
Tuesday, 21st November
- 14:45 – Syria vs Japan – World Cup qualifier
- 19:45 – Greece vs France – EURO qualifier
- 19:45 – Austria vs Germany – Friendly
- 19:45 – Poland vs Latvia – Friendly
Wednesday, 22nd November
- 00:30 – Brazil vs Argentina – World Cup qualifier