The Arsenal u21s’ Premier League Cup fixtures have now been confirmed in full, starting with a game against Swansea City on Wednesday.
- Wednesday, August 17th – 19:00 – Arsenal u21s vs Swansea City
- Friday, September 23rd – 19:00 – Burnley vs Arsenal u21s
- Saturday, November 19th – 13:00 – Arsenal u21s vs Stoke City
- Saturday, November 26th – 14:00 – Swansea City vs Arsenal u21s
- Friday, December 9th – 19:00 – Arsenal u21s vs Burnley
- Sunday, December 18th – 15:00 – Stoke City vs Arsenal u21s
All times are given in UK time, and all home fixtures will be played at Meadow Park
As a result of Arsenal’s opening fixtures against Swansea on Wednesday, the planned Premier League 2 game against Chelsea on Friday has been moved to Saturday at 14:00 BST, at Meadow Park.
Arsenal had a mixed group stage in the Premier League Cup last season.
Kevin Betsy mostly used the competition for his fringe players, particularly during the early games when he didn’t have much choice – due to international youth call-ups for much of his side.
As a result, Arsenal only had two points after three games, but they turned things around with two wins in the final three matches to qualify for the knockout stages as group runners-up.
Unfortunately, they were then eliminated at the first hurdle by Middlesbrough on penalties, with Omari Hutchinson missing the crucial spot-kick after scoring a penalty during the 90.
New u21 head coach Mehmet Ali will hope for a more successful campaign this time around.