Arsenal had four players in action from the England u18s to the u21s over the November international break, let’s have a look at their results.
Initially, Arsenal’s only England youth call-ups were Emile Smith Rowe, Folarin Balogun, and Brooke Norton-Cuffy. The list got even shorter when Smith Rowe was promoted to the first team.
But Reuell Walters was a late addition to the u18s, whilst Omari Hutchinson’s return from injury has earned him a spot in the u19s. So Arsenal ended up with four players involved in England youth duty from the u18s up.
Let’s take a look at all the Arsenal call-ups across the age groups.
Emile Smith Rowe and Folarin Balogun were called up by the England u21s again, but Smith Rowe joined the first team. Tyreece John-Jules misses out, reportedly due to injury.
England’s opening game win was a Euro u21 qualifier, and their other game against Georgia was just a friendly.
Arsenal didn’t receive any call-ups for the England u20s this time, with Miguel Azeez dropping out after his limited minutes on loan with Portsmouth. That has proven a good decision so far, with Azeez finally getting some starts for his loan side.
Arsenal initially didn’t get any call-ups in the u19s either, with Charlie Patino dropping out through injury. However, Omari Hutchinson has since been added to the squad.
The England u19s had a triple header over the break, all UEFA u19 Euro qualifiers.
Brooke Norton-Cuffy received a call-up for the England u18s after his recent recovery from injury. Reuell Walters was also called up late for the side.
Josh Robinson made the squad for the last international break, under former Arsenal u23 interim head coach Ryan Garry, but seemingly missed out to his Arsenal teammates this time around. All three of them are primarily right-backs.
The England u18s were playing in the Pinatar Tournament over the break.
England Arsenal youth fixtures and results
Wednesday, 10th November
- (N): England u19s 4-0 Andorra u19s – Hutchinson played 27 minutes. Report
Thursday, 11th November
- (H): England u21s 3-1 Czech Republic u21s – Balogun played 77 minutes and scored. Report
Saturday, 13th November
- (N): England u18s 0-0 Belgium u18s – Norton-Cuffy and Walters both started, with the former completing the full 90 and the latter coming off after 76 minutes. England ended up winning 5-4 on penalties. Report
Monday, 15th November
- (N): England u18s 2-0 Portugal u18s – Norton-Cuffy and Walters both made substitute appearances, with Norton-Cuffy coming on for the second half and Walters playing the final few minutes. Norton-Cuffy was sent off in injury time. Report
Tuesday, 16th November
- (A): Georgia u21s 3-2 England u21s – Balogun got another start, but he only completed half an hour before being forced off. Fortunately, the England u21 boss says it’s not an injury, just a stomach bug. Report