Another international break is now over, with 18 Arsenal players featuring for their countries at youth or senior level this time around.
At senior level, Arsenal players didn’t have the most exciting break in front of goal, with only two goals (Aubameyang and Pepe) and one assist (Kolasinac). Nonetheless, it was a positive break for most of them, with just two defeats across all of their 11 matches.
Things were a little more impressive on the attacking front in the youth teams, with five goals and two assists in total. Eddie Nketiah carried the bulk of that tally though, with four goals on his own.
There were three debuts for England youth players, with Charlie Patino playing his first game for the u17s, Sam Greenwood for the u18s and Joe Willock for the u21s. Reiss Nelson and Bukayo Saka both pulled out of England duty though, with Nelson confirmed out for three weeks.
Below is the full list of results, only including matches Arsenal players played in. For example, Germany drew 2-2 with Argentina, but neither Bernd Leno nor Emi Martinez featured, so we haven’t listed it.
- Burkina Faso 0-1 Gabon – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang played 90 minutes as captain and scored the winning goal from the penalty spot.
- Uruguay 1-0 Peru – Lucas Torreira played 90 minutes.
- Denmark 1-0 Switzerland – Granit Xhaka played 90 minutes.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina 4-1 Finland – Sead Kolasinac played 90 minutes.
- Norway 1-1 Spain – Dani Ceballos played 64 minutes.
- Ivory Coast 3-1 DR Congo – Nicolas Pepe played 90 minutes and scored once.
- Egypt 1-0 Botswana – Mohamed Elneny played 53 minutes.
- Sweden 1-1 Spain – Dani Ceballos played 90 minutes.
- Switzerland 2-0 Ireland – Granit Xhaka played 90 minutes.
- Greece 2-1 Bosnia and Herzegovina – Sead Kolasinac played 90 minutes and provided an assist.
- Morocco 2-3 Gabon – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang played 90 minutes and captained the side.
- Wales u17s 1-0 Slovenia – Harry Jones played 90 minutes for Wales.
- Germany 3-3 England u17s – Charlie Patino made his debut and played 90 minutes.
- France u21s 5-0 Azerbaijan – Matteo Guendouzi played 77 minutes and provided an assist.
- Republic of Ireland u19s 0-1 Denmark – Mazeed Ogungbo played 90 minutes, Mark McGuinness made his comeback from injury to make his first appearance of the campaign for 25 minutes.
- Moldova 2-1 Wales u21s – Robbie Burton played 67 minutes.
- Slovenia 2-2 England u21s – Eddie Nketiah scored and played 45 minutes, Joe Willock made his debut and played 63.
- Poland 2-5 England u18s – Miguel Azeez played 90 minutes and Sam Greenwood made his debut playing 78 minutes.
- Spain 1-1 England u17s – Charlie Patino captained the side and Hubert Graczyk also featured, both playing 90 minutes.
- Slovakia 0-1 England u18s – Sam Greenwood captained the side and scored the winning goal, playing 84 minutes. Miguel Azeez came on for the final 12 minutes.
- Republic of Ireland u19s 0-2 Denmark – Mark McGuinness captained the side.
- Kosovo 1-4 Wales u17s – Harry Jones played 62 minutes and assisted one goal.
- England u21s 5-1 Austria – Eddie Nketiah scored a hat-trick and had a penalty saved, playing 86 minutes, Joe Willock also played 74 minutes.
- Slovakia 3-5 France u21s – Matteo Guendouzi played 90 minutes.
- Austria 2-3 England u18s – Sam Greenwood and Miguel Azeez came off the bench.