Arsenal are reportedly ready to splash up to £50m on Monaco winger, Thomas Lemar.
- Lemar agrees personal terms with Arsenal
- Lemar left out of Monaco kit picture, likes Lacazette’s Arsenal post on Instagram
- Arsenal ‘dogged’ in Lemar pursuit, Lacazette could be key
- Gunners ready to return to Monaco with offer of £45m for Lemar
- Fee could rise to £50m with additional payments
After having bids of £31m and £35m rebuffed by Monaco this month, Arsenal are reportedly preparing to lodge another offer of £45m for Lemar, which could even rise to £50m with additional payments, claim the Daily Mail.
The Gunners are said to be hoping that their signing of Alexandre Lacazette, Lemar’s compatriot and friend, could help clinch the 21-year-old’s signature.
After Leicester City hiked Riyad Mahrez’s asking price up from £35m to £50m seemingly overnight, Arsenal have turned their attention fully to Lemar.
Arsene Wenger appears determined to sign the France international, who scored 14 and assisted 17 last season.
Lemar still has three years left on his deal with Monaco and the Ligue 1 club are understandably reluctant to allow another talented player walk out the door considering Bernardo Silva has signed for Manchester City, Tiemoue Bakayoko looks set to move to Chelsea, and Kylian Mbappe is a man in demand.