Jack Wilshere is set to miss out on Arsenal’s pre-season while he recovers from his broken leg, which could affect whether he stays or leaves north London this summer.
- Wilshere suffered hairline fracture to fibula after collision with Harry Kane last season
- Midfielder about to run into final year of his Arsenal deal
- Set to be left at home to recover while squad go on pre-season
- 25-year-old could be set to run down contract and leave on a free
- Wilshere wants payrise but Arsenal reluctant to offer anything
With Wilshere going out on loan to Bournemouth last season and set to run into the final year of his current Arsenal deal, the midfielder’s future in north London is uncertain, and that doesn’t appear to be changing any time soon.
According to the Daily Mail, while the 25-year-old is set to undergo scans soon to see whether he’s able to start training again, it’s likely that he won’t travel to Australia and China with the Gunners for their pre-season tour.
Instead, he’ll join them when they return.
This means that it’s unlikely that Arsenal will have the time or inclination to sell a player who’s recovering from another season-ending injury this summer.
Wilshere is allegedly happy to stay in north London but wants £90k-per-week, which Arsenal are understandably reluctant to hand him. Therefore, it seems as if he’ll be leaving on a free next summer.