French journalist, Vincent Duluc, claims that Monaco striker, Kylian Mbappe, almost signed for Arsenal last summer and ‘feels close’ to the club.
- Arsenal ready to break club transfer record on Kylian Mbappe – report
- Gunners bid £87m for 18-year-old French striker
- Kylian Mbappe scored 26 goals in 44 appearances last season and assisted 14
- Arsenal have record-breaking Mbappe bid rejected – report
- Mbappe ‘feels close’ to Arsenal
Despite previous reports claiming that Mbappe’s dream move would be to Real Madrid, the 18-year-old also apparently likes Arsenal.
The Gunners were reported to have put in an £87m bid for the talented striker on Friday, which was swiftly rejected by Ligue 1 side, Monaco. However, it’s unclear whether Arsene Wenger will return with an improved offer.
While Mbappe’s apparent liking for Arsenal is nice and all, most Gooners aren’t getting too excited. We’ve certainly been here before and we know all too well that this still probably won’t happen.
Watch the video above for Duluc’s comments in full.