Newcastle have reportedly entered the chase for Celtic left-back, Kieran Tierney.
- Newcastle promoted to Premier League 348 days after relegation
- Benitez wants stronger squad to ensure Premiership survival
- Magpies enter chase for Tierney, along with Arsenal and Liverpool
- Tierney’s made 36 appearances (all comps)
- Celtic set to win treble under Rodgers
Arsenal have apparently been keeping an eye on Tierney since last year, with the 19-year-old said to be part of the Gunners’ transfer plans this summer.
The Scotland international is set to win the treble under Brenden Rodgers, having made 36 appearances across all competitions this season.
Newcastle are the latest team to reportedly join Arsenal in the race to sign the teenager, whose current deal with Celtic doesn’t run out until 2021.
Manager Rafa Benitez wants to build a stronger squad to give the Magpies a better chance of survival in the Premier League next season.
They secured promotion from the Championship after their 4-1 win against Preston at the end of April, just 348 days after they were relegated.