Alexis Sanchez has revealed that he doesn’t know if he’ll be at Arsenal next season after he misunderstood a question from a journalist following the Gunners’ 2-1 FA Cup final win over Chelsea.
- Arsenal prepared to offer £330k-a-week to Sanchez amid Bayern interest
- Alexis ‘agrees’ deal with Bayern
- Gunners boosted by Sanchez’s breakdown in negotiations with Bayern
- Wenger: Arsenal will decide Sanchez’s future
- Chilean admits he ‘doesn’t know’ if he’ll be a Gunner next season
Following the historic victory, a journo asked Sanchez whether he knew it was going to be a good day after he scored the Gunners’ first goal in the fourth minute. However, the Chilean doesn’t speak a lot of English and instead started talking about his future.
“I don’t know my friend, finished now, so happy for the win and the FA Cup, happy for the players, now I don’t know,” he said.
“My agent speaking after… I don’t know.
“Now, it’s the Confederations [Cup], now it’s focusing on the national team.”
Sanchez has been linked with the likes of Bayern Munich, Manchester City and Chelsea, and it’s clear that the 28-year-old wants Champions League football next season, which Arsenal can’t offer him.
Arsene Wenger, however, claims that he wants to keep the forward for the remainder of his contract, which means he’ll risk Sanchez leaving for free next year.
Perhaps the FA Cup trophy will have some sway.
We can hope.