Trabzonspor have reportedly joined the race to sign David Ospina, who has made his intentions to leave Arsenal this summer very clear.
- Ospina wants to leave Arsenal
- 2nd choice goalkeeper wants regular playing time ahead of 2018 World Cup
- Fenerbahce said to be in ‘advanced talks’
- Trabzonspor interested if unable to extend Esteban Alvarado’s contract
- Dave’s Arsenal contract runs out in 2019
AmkSpor [via Sport Witness] claim the Turkish team Trabzonspor are looking for competition for their current goalkeeper and skipper, Onur Recep Kıvrak. They’re looking to extend their second choice shot-stopper, Esteban Alvarado’s, contract but if they can’t, they want to bring Ospina in.
Meanwhile, Fenerbahce, who have been linked with Ospina for a while, are said to be in ‘advanced talks’ with the Gunners over signing him.
Apparently, they want someone to come in as back-up for Volkan Demirel.
In fact, according to some reports, they’ve already come to an agreement with the Colombia international and his agent.
Arsenal are said to be getting €3m.
Ospina wants more playing time, neither option seems that attractive considering they’re unwilling to offer him a first team spot straight away. He has to compete, just like he’s been doing at Arsenal… and not doing a very good job.