Manchester City are apparently confident that they’ll be able to entice Alexis Sanchez over to the Etihad in the summer.
- Alexis says he wants to see out Arsenal contract
- The forward’s scored 18 Premier League goals this season
- City are reportedly willing to pay him £200,000 a week
- ‘Sources’ close to player claim he wants City move according to a reliable journalist close to City
- Sanchez worked under Guardiola at Barcelona
Although Pep Guardiola denied last year that he had already been in contact with Alexis, according to Goal, the club is still quietly confident of landing their star man.
The forward will apparently set City back £50m, which they’re willing to pay, and they’re also allegedly happy to hand him £200,000 a week. At Arsenal, he gets £130,000 a week.
What’s more, is that apparently ‘sources’ close to the player claim he wants the move, despite him only saying recently that he still has a year of his contract left, which he intends to spend at Arsenal.
While Arsenal fans won’t want to believe this is true, the story was partially written by Sam Lee, whom City fans claim is pretty reliable when it comes to news about the club.