Arsene Wenger claims that Alexis Sanchez should be fit to face Sunderland on Tuesday.
- Alexis scored v Stoke in the 76th minute despite carrying knock
- Forward has only missed seven games through injury since signing for Arsenal in 2014
- Chilean renowned for his resilience and fitness
- Wenger claims he’ll be fine to face Black Cats
- Arsenal v Sunderland kicks off at 7:45pm on Tuesday 16 May
Alexis gave Wenger cause for concern when he seemed to be hobbling towards the end of Arsenal’s 4-1 win over Stoke on Saturday.
Despite the Chilean appearing to be in pain, he still managed to score his 21st Premier League goal of the season and put the Gunners 3-1 ahead with quarter of an hour to go.
The boss took him off a minute later.
Speaking after the match, Wenger confirmed that it was just a kick to the thigh and that he should be fine to face the relegated Black Cats at the Emirates midweek.
Wenger doesn't think Sanchez will be a doubt for Tuesday.
— Charles Watts (@charles_watts) May 13, 2017
Arsenal go into the match against Sunderland four points below Liverpool in third and three below Manchester City.