The Draw for the third-round of the FA Cup was made today and Arsenal will play Preston North End at Deepdale.
Arsenal and Preston have met many times before with Arsenal shading the tie with 33 wins to Preston’s 24. 17 games have been drawn and Arsenal have only won 12 games at Preston, scoring 41 and conceding 58.
The highest scoring game between the two sides was played in 1934/35 when they found the net 8 times between them – Arsenal running out 5-3 winners.
They first met in the 1901/02 season when PNE beat Woolwich Arsenal 2-0.
The ties will take place on the weekend of 6-9 January, 2017 and will involve 64 teams.
Arsenal have won the FA Cup 12 times. No other team has won it more.
No other manager has won as many FA Cups as Arsene Wenger.
- Ipswich v Lincoln or Oldham
- Barrow v Rochdale
- Manchester United v Reading
- Hull v Swansea
- Sunderland v Burnley
- QPR v Blackburn
- Millwall v Bournemouth
- West Ham v Manchester City
- Brighton v Charlton or MK Dons
- Blackpool v Barnsley
- Wigan v Nottingham Forest
- Birmingham v Newcastle
- Chelsea v Notts County of Peterborough
- Middlesbrough v Sheffield Wednesday
- West Brom v Derby
- Everton v Leicester
- Liverpool v Newport County of Plymouth
- Wycombe v Stourbridge or Northampton
- Watford v Burton
- Preston v Arsenal
- Cardiff v Fulham
- Stoke v Wolves
- Cambridge v Leeds
- Bristol City v Shrewsbury or Fleetwood
- Huddersfield v Port Vale
- Tottenham v Aston Villa
- Brentford v Halifax or Eastleigh
- Bolton v Crystal Palace
- Norwich v Southampton
- Sutton United v AFC Wimbledon
- Accrington Stanley v Luton
- Rotherham v Oxford or Macclesfield