And so ends our most ‘exciting’ match of the season so far.

Liverpool, predictably got off to a strong start. We gave them enough space to look world class and they pressed us all over the pitch. Their opening minutes were summed up when Firmino scored through Koscielny’s legs in the 10th minute.

After this, it looked as if we could be on the end of another embarrassing result at Anfield and they could have been two or three goals up. However, Ramsey had other plans and within minutes, Arsenal had surged to the other end of the pitch and the midfielder slotted the ball home through the eye of a needle.

It wasn’t over though. Liverpool continued to attack and make our defence look as if we’d never met each other. Firmino scored the second goal of his brace in the 19th minute with a stunning curler that even Petr Cech couldn’t reach.

Arsenal continued to be sloppy. We were passing the ball off the pitch, quite literally, and giving the Reds enough space to drive a bus. Saying this, as Liverpool began to tire after their intense opening half an hour, we finally remembered how to play and the space opened up for us.

Giroud then shortly scored from the lightest of touches from a corner to bring the scoreline to 2-2.

Towards the end of the second half it was still generally end-to-end, except Arsenal were now thoroughly in the game, which had previously been one-sided.

The second half began where the first left off with both teams attacking at will while simultaneously making silly mistakes.

Walcott had a low shot in the 51st minute, which went narrowly wide just minutes before Giroud scored his second of the night in front of the travelling fans. An absolute stunner, the Frenchman twisted his body in the box and without even looking, banged the goal into the net with his left foot.

After the intensity of the first half an hour, the match calmed down a bit and although Liverpool had their chances, which our defence dealt with, we continued to threaten.

Finally, however, it was a goal from Joe Allen from a free-kick that leveled the playing field and meant disappointment for the Gunners.