Seven Arsenal youth players have been called up for England youth duty over the international break, let’s have a look at their fixtures and results.
England confirmed their full raft of youth call-ups for the September international break late last week, with a number of Arsenal youngsters involved.
Let’s have a look at the invitations for each age group and their fixtures and results so far.
Patino is currently out on loan with Swansea City, whilst Norton-Cuffy is on loan with Millwall, but the two will link up with England for a couple of u21 Euro qualifiers this week.
- Monday, September 11th, 17:00 – Luxembourg vs England
All times are in BST
The squad held a training camp from Monday, September 4th to Saturday, September 9th, ahead of their fixtures in October.
The u19s played a couple of friendlies in Spain’s Costa Brava over the September break, in preparation for their u19 Euro qualifiers in October.
- Germany 1-0 England – Sousa played 66 minutes for England, before being replaced by his Arsenal teammate Cozier-Duberry for the final 24 minutes.
- Switzerland 2-4 England – Cozier-Duberry scored one and assisted one, playing 70 minutes for England. Sousa played the final 20 minutes as a substitute.
The duo have been playing their football with the Arsenal u21s in recent times, and they were set to play for the England u18s in the Tournoi International in Limoges this month.
However, Nwaneri didn’t end up playing any minutes, amid suspicions of a possible injury for the youngster. We’ll have to wait for any further news on that.
- France 2-0 England – Lewis-Skelly played 74 minutes for England, and Nwaneri was an unused substitute.
- Japan 4-0 England – Lewis-Skelly was an unused substitute for England, and Nwaneri wasn’t involved in the squad.
- Portugal 2-1 England – Lewis-Skelly played 87 minutes for England, and Nwaneri wasn’t involved in the squad.