14 Arsenal players joined up with their national sides for international duty over the March break, let’s take a look at how they got on.
Takehiro Tomiyasu and William Saliba’s injury woes
Though 16 players were initially called up for the March internationals, two pulled out early.
Takehiro Tomiyasu and William Saliba suffered injuries on the Thursday before the break and both had to withdraw from participation in the March internationals.
Arsenal’s young talents in u21 action
There were also some Arsenal players in their national u21 teams, with Folarin Balogun and Emile Smith Rowe called up by the England u21s, Nuno Tavares and Fabio Vieira by the Portugal u21s, and Mika Biereth by the Denmark u21s.
Full list of Arsenal internationals and their national teams
As for the other 14 internationals who joined their senior national teams this month, here’s the list in full:
Aaron Ramsdale and Bukayo Saka (England), Matt Turner and Auston Trusty (USA), Karl Hein (Estonia), Kieran Tierney (Scotland), Jakub Kiwior (Poland), Oleksandr Zinchenko (Ukraine), Thomas Partey (Ghana), Martin Odegaard (Norway), Jorginho (Italy), Granit Xhaka (Switzerland), Leandro Trossard (Belgium), and Runar Alex Runarsson (Iceland).
Arsenal international results
Thursday, 23rd March
- AFCON qualifier – Ghana 1-0 Angola – Partey played 90 minutes.
- Friendly – Hungary 1-0 Estonia – Hein saved a penalty and played 90 minutes.
- Euro qualifier – Italy 1-2 England – Jorginho played 69 minutes and Saka played 85, whilst Ramsdale didn’t feature.
- Euro qualifier – Bosnia and Herzegovina 3-0 Iceland – Runarsson played 90 minutes.
Friday, 24th March
- Euro qualifier – Czech Republic 3-1 Poland – Kiwior played 90 minutes.
- Euro qualifier – Sweden 0-3 Belgium – Trossard played 61 minutes.
Saturday, 25th March
- CONCACAF Nations League – Grenada 1-7 USA – Trusty played 90 minutes and provided an assist, Turner also played 90 minutes.
- Euro qualifier – Scotland 3-0 Cyprus – Tierney played 90 minutes and helped Scotland keep a clean sheet.
- Euro qualifier – Belarus 0-5 Switzerland – Xhaka played 66 minutes, scoring one and assisting one.
- Euro qualifier – Spain 3-0 Norway – Odegaard played 90 minutes.
Sunday, 26th March
- Euro qualifier – England 2-0 Ukraine – Saka played 90 minutes, scoring one and assisting one. Ramsdale didn’t feature.
- Euro qualifier – Liechtenstein 0-7 Iceland – Runarsson played 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet.
- Euro qualifier – Malta 0-2 Italy – Jorginho was rested.
Monday, 27th March
- AFCON qualifier – Angola 1-1 Ghana – Partey was rested.
- Euro qualifier – Austria 2-1 Estonia – Hein played 90 minutes.
- Euro qualifier – Poland 1-0 Albania – Kiwior played 90 minutes and helped Poland to keep a clean sheet.
Tuesday, 28th March
- CONCACAF Nations League – USA 1-0 El Salvador – Turner played 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet while Trusty was rested.
- Euro qualifier – Georgia 1-1 Norway – Odegaard played 90 minutes.
- Euro qualifier – Scotland 2-0 Spain – Tierney played 76 minutes and came off with a knock.
- Euro qualifier – Switzerland 3-0 Israel – Xhaka played 90 minutes.
- Friendly – Germany 2-3 Belgium – Trossard played 32 minutes and provided an assist.