Aaron Ramsdale is back in training with Arsenal, but a few of the other World Cup internationals are still missing.
Less than a week after England’s elimination from the World Cup by France, Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsdale was back in training with his club on Friday.
The Gunners face Juventus in a friendly on Saturday afternoon, and Ramsdale might now be in contention to feature in the squad, though Karl Hein and Matt Turner should also be available to start if necessary.
There are still a few players who are seemingly yet to return to training. As well as Gabriel Jesus, who is injured, we haven’t seen Gabriel Martinelli, Takehiro Tomiyasu, or Bukayo Saka back with the squad.
Ramsdale’s case is obviously different to the other three, as he didn’t play any minutes at the World Cup. He’s probably raring to get back out there, rather than being ready for a little break.
Tomiyasu has had an injury problem, as well as making a few appearances at the tournament, so that just adds to the reasons why a bit of time off might be good for him.
All three are expected back by the end of the week, but evidently not until after the Juventus friendly.
That will just leave William Saliba, who is with France for the World Cup final on Sunday.
After the Juventus game, there have been unconfirmed rumours on social media that Arsenal might play another behind-closed-doors friendly next week, which would give some of the remaining absentees a chance to get sharp ahead of West Ham.
Arsenal World Cup schedule (times in GMT)
- November 13th-November 27th – Time off
- November 28th – Return to training
- December 3rd – Arsenal 2-4 Watford (London Colney)
- December 4th – Travel to Dubai for a warm-weather camp
- December 8th – Arsenal 3-0 Lyon (Al Maktoum Stadium)
- December 13th – Arsenal 2-1 Milan (Al Maktoum Stadium)
- December 14th – Travel back to London
- December 17th, 18:00 – Arsenal vs Juventus (Emirates Stadium)
- W/C December 19th – Rumoured 5th friendly (London Colney)
- December 26th – The Premier League returns