Arsenal are set to play one final friendly against Luton Town on Wednesday, a behind-closed-doors match to close out their preparations.
Though Arsenal have concluded their series of public friendlies over the World Cup break, the Gunners reportedly still have one more behind-closed-doors match to play before their game against West Ham United next week.
Freddie Paxton reports that Arsenal will play Luton Town in a friendly on Wednesday, as Mikel Arteta and the squad finalise their preparations for the return of competitive club football.
It was long rumoured that Arsenal would play a fifth friendly in addition to the four already completed against Watford, Lyon, AC Milan, and Juventus.
With Arsenal crashing out of the League Cup at the first hurdle, the Gunners don’t have a midweek fixture, unlike many of their Premier League rivals. So organising a friendly match for this slot made sense.
But until now, there were no details on whom Arsenal would face, nor which day the game would take place.
Luton Town play in the Championship, which kicked off again earlier this month.
But Luton’s second fixture of the month, against Millwall, was postponed at the weekend due to the weather. They’ll probably be just as grateful for the chance to test themselves as Arsenal are.
Arsenal will likely confirm details of the match and highlights after it happens, as they did with the Watford game. Don’t expect any live updates or streams, as those are very uncommon for this kind of fixture.
Arsenal World Cup schedule (times in GMT)
- November 13th-November 27th – Time off
- November 28th – Return to training
- December 3rd – Arsenal 2-4 Watford (London Colney)
- December 4th – Travel to Dubai for a warm-weather camp
- December 8th – Arsenal 3-0 Lyon (Al Maktoum Stadium)
- December 13th – Arsenal 2-1 Milan (Al Maktoum Stadium)
- December 14th – Travel back to London
- December 17th – Arsenal 0-2 Juventus (Emirates Stadium)
- December 21st – Arsenal vs Luton Town (London Colney)
- December 26th – The Premier League returns