Arsenal are trying to tie down a number of players to new deals, but some of the players they are not offering contracts to is quite telling.
Who are Arsenal trying to get to sign a new deal?
There are four players Arsenal are trying to get to sign a new deal at the club:
- Bukayo Saka (out of contract 2024)
- Gabriel Martinelli (2024)
- William Saliba (2024)
- Reiss Nelson (2023)
All are said to be keen to renew so there should hopefully be no surprises on that front.
They are also reportedly trying to get Mikel Arteta to sign a new long-term deal, despite the fact that signed his latest deal in May. Interest from Barcelona and Manchester United is said to be behind the push.
As Arsenal work hard to tie down players whose contracts expire in 2024, the list of players who are also out of contract that summer (or before) hints at those who will be sold or allowed to leave in coming windows.
- Mohamed Elneny – Elneny turns 31 next summer and, while he has proved to be a stable deputy, Arteta is surely looking for an upgrade.
- Granit Xhaka – It’s hard to know what will happen with Granit Xhaka. Few would have thought he’d still be at Arsenal in 2022, let alone one of the team’s best players. A new deal could likely be offered here, but solely because Granit Xhaka is unique.
- Cedric Soares – If Cedric Soares gets a new contract at Arsenal, I’ll eat my hat.
- Rob Holding – Holdinho’s time as the Arsenal Result Enforcer is likely to come to an end.
There are also five players out of contract in 2025: