With less than a week until the game, the Arsenal u21s finally have confirmation of the details of their EFL Trophy knockout game against Stevenage.
After progressing through the group stage of the EFL Trophy, the Arsenal u21s drew Stevenage last week in the round of 32 of the competition. But the details weren’t confirmed until now, six days before the actual game.
Arsenal have finally announced that the match will take place on Tuesday, November 22nd at 19:00 GMT. It will be played at Broadhall Way, or the Lamex Stadium as it’s currently known.
Tickets are on sale on the Stevenage website, with Arsenal fans set to be seated in the South Stand.
Arsenal are one of just five u21 teams remaining in the competition, along with Chelsea, Everton, Manchester United, and Wolverhampton Wanderers. The other 27 teams are English Football League senior sides.
The young Gunners qualified for the knockout stages of the EFL Trophy with a dramatic comeback win on the final day of the group stages, finishing second in the group on goal difference.
Three teams ended the group on six points, with Arsenal five goals behind Ipswich Town in first place and one ahead of Cambridge United in third. Northampton Town ended up in fourth with no points.
The full draw is below, with the teams still split between north and south at this stage of the competition.
- Bolton Wanderers v Barrow
- Everton U21 v Mansfield Town
- Salford City v Bradford City
- Port Vale v Barnsley
- Manchester United U21 v Wolverhampton Wanderers U21
- Grimsby Town v Accrington Stanley
- Burton Albion v Tranmere Rovers
- Lincoln City v Morecambe
- Colchester United v Bristol Rovers
- Stevenage v Arsenal U21
- AFC Wimbledon v Sutton United
- MK Dons v Newport County
- Ipswich Town v Portsmouth
- Forest Green Rovers v Cheltenham Town
- Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic
- Chelsea U21 v Peterborough United