Rashford’s two goals in the second half, 66th and 75th minute ended Arsenal’s invincible run of 5-in-5 in the previous EPL matches. The Gunners failed to extend their lead from Man City, who drew 1-1 with Aston Villa.
Despite the 3-1 defeat to The Red Devils, Arteta’s side holds a slim 1-point lead over City at the top of the table. After Sunday’s performance, fans and the football world are debating on few questions:
- Is it deja vu from previous seasons?
- Can Arsenal maintain the top 4 after a few years of absence?
Can Arsenal Finish Top 4?
The recent fall of Manchester does not dent its previous impressive form. Unlike previous seasons, Arsenal’s start to the 22/23 season has shown that the side means business in each game. The Gunners confirmed their will in a second-half comeback win, 2-1 against Fulham.
If you staked on Arsenal’s win in Betway, Gabriel Magalhães saved you a good bargain. The number bet you can have on the official Betway website are many. Visit to enjoy various betting options like Arsenal’s upcoming fixture.
The London side is resilient. Sunday’s scoreline isn’t a reflection of the team’s efforts in the match.
What We Observed From the 3-1 Defeat
- Gabriel Martinelli is a rising star: Each EPL’s top team has a flashy star that is the driving force of the team’s attack. The Brazilian star scored a goal that VAR disallowed. With a star like Martinelli and Gabriel Jesus, the team is promising to be a threat in the top 4 this season.
- Arteta has a uniform side: EPL’s best teams have reliable squad depth. The likes of Kieran Tierney, Fabio Viera, and Takehiro Tomiyasu are elite options from the bench for Arteta.
- Loopholes to fill: Big games, especially against Manchester sides, have proven to be a task for the side. It is an aspect that Mikel Arteta is projected to work on this season. The 4-0 win against Chelsea in the pre-season was described as the start.
Despite their fighting spirit, they were the favorites to win it, justifying the reason to doubt their chances in the top four this season. However, the team is still in form and will look to bounce back against Everton.
Does Arsenal Have What It Takes to Finish Top 4?
The 22/23 EPL season has already pulled a few surprises. Brighton Hove Albion now sits comfortably in the fourth position. There is stiff competition around, Will the Gunners hold on this time round?
Pundits have the reason to recommend Arsenal as an outright winner each weekend. The journey that began late last season is looking to have led them to a successful season start.
Technically, Arsenal, at the moment, is a UEFA-caliber team. The team slightly missed the fourth spot to London rivals, Spurs. They play their first match against Fc Zurich in the Europa league. Arsenal winning the Europa League should also be in debate soon.
In terms of recruitment, the just concluded window is the best transfer period for the team. Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko, acquired from Man City, were perfect additions to the starting line-up.
Regarded as Pep Guardiola’s prodigy, Mikel Arteta is proving to be the right man for the job. Even after the defeat to Eric Ten Hag’s side, he still outscored his rival in most technical aspects.
On paper, Arsenal is a great team. It has recently proven to have what it takes in EPL’s marathon chase of the top four. Sunday’s defeat is just a bump on the road. Efforts showcased in the field are enough to categorize The Gunners as title contenders. Arsenal’s top four future looks bright; the team hopes the football time-verse will be kind.