Sassuolo CEO Giovanni Carnevali says there’s been contact with various clubs over Arsenal target Gianluca Scamacca, but nothing concrete.
Arsenal continue to be linked with a move for Sassuolo’s Gianluca Scamacca, with Di Marzio reporting on Monday that the Gunners are interested – along with Paris Saint-Germain.
Whilst Sassuolo CEO Giovanni Carnevali confirmed this week there has been some interest in Scamacca in the early stages of the summer, he’s seemingly denied reports of a formal Arsenal bid.
“There have been some contacts with some clubs for Scamacca and others,” Carnevali said. “Our desire is to keep most players in the team, and there is nothing concrete for now.”
Last week, Alfredo Pedulla reported that Arsenal had made their first bid for Scamacca, a €40m offer that had been turned down by the player.
Then Daniele Longo reported for Calciomercato that Arsenal had actually bid €35m, and that it was Sassuolo (not Scamacca) who turned it down, as they were looking for €40m plus bonuses.
The suggestion from Carnevali is that neither report is accurate, and Arsenal are yet to make any kind of concrete offer for the striker.
The Athletic gave us the first concrete links between Arsenal and the 23-year-old 16-goal Serie A striker in May, writing that the centre-forward is of interest to Arsenal.
The outlet added that Inter and AC Milan have been tracking Scamacca closely, and there’s a sense he may decide to stay in Serie A.
Though the Inter Milan option is looking less and less likely, with Fabrizio Romano claiming they aren’t interested amid growing links to the return of Romelu Lukaku.