Arsenal have confirmed two more pre-season fixtures as their return to the training pitches draws nearer, and they’re a couple of big games.
Writing on Tuesday, Arsenal confirmed that they’ll face Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur in The Mind Series, a mini pre-season tournament between the three London clubs.
£5 from every ticket sold will go to charity, with 25% to Mind – a UK mental health charity – and 75% to each club’s foundation.
The date of the Spurs game, August 8th, clashes with previous reports of plans for one day of the Emirates Cup to be held on that date. According to AFC Fixture News, the Emirates Cup is now likely to be a one-off match on Friday, 6th August.
Arsenal players will return to begin training on July 7th. With all that in mind, this would be Arsenal’s first-team pre-season schedule:
Arsenal Pre-Season 2021
- July 7th – Pre-season begins
- July 12th – Edinburgh training camp begins
- July 13th – Hibernian (A)
- July 16th – Edinburgh training camp ends
- July 17th – Rangers (A)
- July 21st – Florida training camp begins
- July 25th – Inter Milan (N)
- July 28th – Everton/Millonarios (N)
- July 29th – Florida training camp ends
- August 1st – Chelsea (H)
- August 6th – Possible Emirates Cup match
- August 8th – Tottenham Hotspur (A)
- August 14th – Premier League season begins
Arsenal Youth Pre-Season Fixtures
- July 20th – Welling United (A)
- July 24th – Boreham Wood (A)
- July 30th – Hendon FC (A)
More fixtures likely to be added to the u23 schedule, these are just the confirmed fixtures so far.