Arsenal aren’t netting many goals this season but their list of scorers is a picture that tells an interesting story.
13 players have scored for Arsenal this season which is a nice spread but they aren’t getting very many individually.
Only 11 players have provided assists with Hector Bellerin leading the way on four. Pepe, Willock and Willian all have three, Saka and Smith Rowe have two while Maitland-Niles, Ceballos, Aubameyang, Nelson and Balogun all have one assist.
When you look at the list below the first thing to strike you will probably be the number of youngsters scoring for us.
Other questions you might ask upon looking at these stats are:
- Why did Leeds think Eddie Nketiah wasn’t good enough?
- Why are our senior midfielders doing next to nothing?
- Forlain Balogun can’t really do more than he has, why isn’t he getting more chances?
- Will Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s changes make any difference to his form?
Arsenal’s top/only scorers this season
Number of assists moves a player ahead of another with the same number of goals. Where assists and goals are the same, minutes played are used, with those playing fewer minutes ahead of those playing more.
- Eddie Nketiah – G5 A0 Mins 865
- Nicolas Pepe – G4 A3 Mins 969
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – G4 A1 Mins 1,107
- Alexandre Lacazette – G4 A0 Mins 818
- Joe Willock – G3 A3 Mins 667
- Forlain Balogun – G2 A1 Mins 61
- Gabriel – G2 A0 Mins 1,080
- Emile Smith Rowe – G1 A2 Mins 119
- Bukayo Saka – G1 A2 Mins 1,089
- Reiss Nelson – G1 A1 Mins 392
- Pablo Mari – G1 A0 Mins 180
- David Luiz – G1 A 0 Mins 770
- Mohamed Elneny – G1 A0 Mins 967