Arsenal have confirmation on their first five fixtures of the Premier League and FA Cup restart, after a few minor changes to yesterday’s reports.
The Premier League officially confirmed the upcoming fixtures on Friday, with Arsenal helping to kickstart the final stretch of the season by travelling to Manchester City on 17th June.
That part we already knew, but there were a few changes to the initial reports on the schedule. Here’s the current list of Arsenal fixtures so far (with times in BST):
- Wednesday, 17th June (20:15): Manchester City (A), Sky Sports
- Saturday, 20th June (15:00): Brighton (A), BT Sport
- Thursday, 25th June (18:00): Southampton (A), Sky Sports
- Sunday, 28th June (13:00): Sheffield United (A), BT Sport
- Wednesday, 1st July (18:00): Norwich City (H), BT Sport
Let’s go over the changes. Firstly, the Southampton game is now on Thursday instead of Tuesday.
As a result, the Sheffield United cup tie needed to move, as it was previously reported to be set for the Saturday. Instead, Arsenal will travel to Sheffield on the Sunday.
Finally, the home game against Norwich City is on Wednesday instead of Thursday.
It’s certainly a rough restart for Mikel Arteta’s side. Four consecutive away games, counting the FA Cup, and not much of a break between any of them. That’s just the current scheduling reality though, the games will certainly come thick and fast.