Despite the FA sending out a lengthy email that basically said ‘hang on, we’re still discussing it’, the FA WSL is set to be cancelled although the final standings/outcome has yet to be determined.
The FA sent an email at the start of the week that said, “Following an assessment of the protocols required to return to football and feedback from clubs, which is crucial to any decision-making process, it is clear that there will be significant challenges in completing the 2019/20 season.
“We are continuing to consult with the clubs on the possibility of terminating the 2019/20 season and, in the event it is decided that this appears to be the only realistic way forward, to seek views on the most appropriate sporting outcome for the season. This includes identifying entries for the 2020/21 UEFA Women’s Champions League, which would be based on sporting merit from the 2019/20 Barclays FA Women’s Super League season.”
Daily Cannon learned shorty after this release was published that some clubs have already told players that the season is over and, on Wednesday, the Daily Mail published a tiny piece stating the same:
The same paper covered their back page with a headline declaring GOOD NEWS as ‘only’ six people tested positive (at three clubs) ahead of project restart for the Premier League.
This is not good news, and an article inside their own paper highlighted that the tests the Premier League are using aren’t even reliable:
Given how the UK government has handled this pandemic so far, it seems unlikely that the Premier League can return any time soon, despite how the right-wing media are pushing Boris Johnson and co’s agenda.
I never thought I’d say this, but follow Troy Deeney’s example, refuse to put your life, and those of your family and friends, at risk just to make money for other people:
And join a union!