JJ Sport Managers SL, the agency representing Thomas Partey, are speaking out to deny comments from the player’s father suggesting they’re chasing money.
Partey’s agency released a statement to distance themselves from comments made by the player’s father, Jacob Partey. Jacob told Bryt FM he would always direct his son to follow the trail of money, joining whichever club is offering him a payrise.
JJ Sport Managers SL posted on Instagram to suggest they don’t share these views. They wrote:
“Given the information in Thomas’ father’s statements, we want to make it clear that we talk to Thomas’ father every day and claim that all statements related to Thomas’ father are totally false.
“As we said yesterday, we’ve been with Atletico for many years and if had been for money, we would no longer be in Atletico. I hope that before reporting any news that does not fit reality, you first verify it with us.”
The strongest rumours surrounding Partey at the moment are over a move to Arsenal. We posted a comprehensive roundup of the situation on Thursday.
Following that article, there were a couple of other developments. Firstly, Samuel Ziga posted a statement on Instagram, endorsed by Partey himself. You can read it yourself here, but it’s mostly just more vague distancing from Partey’s father’s comments.
Secondly, Charles Watts of Goal also posted an update on the situation. He writes that Arsenal are indeed keeping tabs on Partey for this summer. However, they can only afford his €50m release clause if they qualify for the Champions League.
Until Partey extends his contract, Arsenal are still confident they have a chance to sign him. Only with the financial boost of Champions League football, though.