Mohamed Elneny is the only Arsenal loanee set to feature on the pitch this weekend, after more league suspensions today.
As things stand, the Super Lig is one of the few leagues around where matches are still going on. They’re on very thin ice though. Right now, the matches will take place behind closed doors, and the feeling is that if things get any worse, they won’t happen at all.
For the time being though, Elneny can still play for Besiktas in their behind-closed-doors match away to Galatasaray. The game takes place on Sunday at 16:00 GMT.
If Elneny makes an appearance, he’ll reach a tally of 28 games for the season. He has a couple of assists in those matches, playing in defensive midfield.
Besiktas are in good form since the start of February, winning four games, drawing one and losing one. They’re up to fifth from seventh place at the start of that run. Good luck to Elneny for the six-pointer against third-place Galatasaray.
Here’s a quick rundown of the rest of Arsenal’s loanees:
- Ligue 1: Suspended – Saliba
- Serie A: Suspended – Mkhitaryan
- Irish Premier League: Suspended – Olowu
- 2. Bundesliga: Suspended – Mavropanos and Osei-Tutu
- EFL: Suspended – Smith Rowe, Olayinka and Sheaf
- Ekstraklasa: Suspended – Iliev
- Recalled: Ballard, Nketiah, John-Jules