Paul Scholes believes Manchester United could do with a player like Mesut Ozil even though Arsenal could do with one like him as well.
Whether it is Unai Emery, Raul Sanllehi, Edu or a combination of all three, Mesut Ozil is persona non grata at Arsenal despite their on-field turgidity that bores 99% of Arsenal fans, with the other 1% already in a medically-induced coma.
Despite saying he’s training well, looking good and ready to play a part in actual football games, Emery still can’t find a place, even on his bench, for a player deemed worse than Ainsley Maitland-Niles at present.
Paul Scholes would like to see him join United.
“Man Utd could do with someone like Ozil who can link a team together,” Scholes told BT Sport.
“[He is] a player who can link teams together. He has got great quality, he’s shown that in his career.
“He could be an answer short-term, I don’t know. I think that would be up to him, ultimately.
“I can’t [see it happening], but he’s the type of player, short-term, who United could do with.”
The problem is, so could Arsenal…