Arsenal are through to the round-of-16 following their 6-0 aggregate win over Fiorentina. As in the round-of-32, they will not be seeded due to their low UEFA club coefficient.

BOREHAMWOOD, ENGLAND - SEPTEMBER 26: Vivianne Miedema of Arsenal shoots at goal during the UEFA Women's Champions League match between Arsenal Women and Fiorentina Women at Meadow Park on September 26, 2019, in Borehamwood, England. (Photo by Julian Finney/Getty Images)
BOREHAMWOOD, ENGLAND – SEPTEMBER 26: Vivianne Miedema of Arsenal shoots at goal during the UEFA Women’s Champions League match between Arsenal Women and Fiorentina Women at Meadow Park on September 26, 2019, in Borehamwood, England. (Photo by Julian Finney/Getty Images)

Here are the 16 qualified sides for the second round of the UEFA Women’s Champions League. The draw will take place on Monday 30 September, with the games to be played 16-17 October and 30-31 October.

The seeded teams along with their coefficient are as follows:

  • Lyon (FRA, holders) coefficient 129.865
  • Wolfsburg (GER) 112.575
  • Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) 99.865
  • Barcelona (ESP) 91.160
  • Bayern München (GER) 67.575
  • Slavia Praha (CZE) 59.870
  • Manchester City (ENG) 59.655
  • Brøndby (DEN) 50.045

The unseeded teams are:

  • Fortuna Hjørring (DEN) 47.045
  • BIIK-Kazygurt(KAZ) 34.580
  • Glasgow City (SCO) 34.085
  • Atlético Madrid (ESP) 33.160
  • FC Twente (NED) 26.900
  • Arsenal (ENG) 17.655
  • FC Minsk (BLR) 16.625
  • Breidablik (ISL) 10.930

If we look at the opponents’ strengths, Lyon and Wolfsburg are world-class teams and must be avoided if possible.  There is no tougher draw than those two and Arsenal would be huge underdogs in the tie.

PSG have recruited well during the transfer window and added strength to their bench. Another tough draw, but certainly more winnable when compared to Lyon or Wolfsburg. A trip to Paris would also be an easy one for the fans with Eurostar or flights readily available.

Barcelona are actually a known quantity as we played them in pre-season. They have been up and down in the league. They are obviously really strong in attack, but have weaknesses in defence making it definitely a winnable tie.

FC Bayern are also a known quantity. Having played them in pre-season we know what they are about. They went through on away goal and therefore it is another winnable tie.

Slavia Praha are potentially the weakest seeded side and it would be also a nice away trip as it is a beautiful City. It would be one of the best possible draws.

Manchester City cannot be drawn against Arsenal as per the UEFA rules.

Brondby are an opponent we have met many times in the competition and would certainly make for another winnable tie.

The result of all that is that the odds of getting an easy draw on Monday are not really very good, barely 29%. It is much more likely to be a tough or really hard draw, in the other 71% of cases.

At least we are guaranteed to have a short trip, avoiding Kazakhstan, Belarus or Iceland.

Previous articleExclusive: Tyreece John-Jules to miss a month with hamstring injury – was set to play on Tuesday
Next articlePredicted u23 lineup vs Liverpool: John-Jules out, Emery suggests Bellerin could feature
Following the Arsenal Ladies since 2004/05. Arsenal LFC season ticket holder since they appeared in 2006/07. Likely to be found watching women's football every week-end all over England... and the world. I am also a silver member