Arsenal’s men’s team will face Lyon while the women’s team will play Bayern Munich in this year’s Emirates Cup.
The day will get started at 12.30 when Joe Montemurro’s charges will take on Bayern Munich before the men play Lyon at 3.15pm according to Arsenal.
Previously, Arsenal invited three teams to join them in a two-day tournament where each side plays two matches and the winner is whoever gets the most points, with every goal counting as a point in addition to three for a win and one for a draw.
This time, the format is going to be completely different, with a one-day event.
Presumably, that’s because Arsenal already have a packed pre-season. They also didn’t seem sure if the stadium would even be available this summer given the planned improvement works going on in Club Level. Clearly, that’s no longer viewed as an issue.
As a result, this is the schedule for Unai Emery’s side this summer, with times given in BST:
- July 16th (01:00) – Colorado Rapids – DICK’s Sporting Goods Park, CO, USA
- July 18th (04:00) – Bayern Munich – Dignity Health Sports Park, CA, USA
- July 20th (23:00) – AS Roma – Bank of America Stadium, NC, USA
- July 24th (00:00) – Real Madrid – FedExField, MD, USA
- July 28th (12.30, 15.15) – Emirates Cup – Emirates Stadium
Arsenal will also play their usual pre-season opener against Boreham Wood.
Last year, that was on July 14th, this year it will take place on July 6th and the squad will likely be made up of u18 and u23 players.