Arsenal sent Victor Manas, staff analyst, and Susana Ferreras, a data scientist at the club, to speak at a congress at Atletico Madrid on Saturday.
Manas gave a presentation at the Performance Analysis and New Developments in Football conference along with reps from Atletico and Manchester City.
After the presentation, Ferreras, who has over 12 years experience within the sports industry in sports management, analytics, and social media, took part in a round table discussion where she was joined by analysts from Rayo Vallecano (Ruben Reyes), Betis (Tino Luis Cabrera), and Alavés (Borja of Matthias).
At Arsenal, Ferreras is charged with “analysing event and tracking data, creating new metrics and algorithms and developing data products to help first team and club in the decision-making process.” She worked previously for Vodaphone and Telefonica and also delivers university lectures.
Tickets for the seminar were priced at €150 for members and employees, €180 for the general public and €250 for VIPs.
Other speakers included:
- Xabier Ruiz de Ocenda, analyst at Atlético de Madrid.
- José Luis Sánchez Vera, responsible DAR of the Academy of Atlético de Madrid and coach of Atlético de Madrid Femenino.
- Borja de Matías, analyst at Deportivo Alavés.
- Carles Planchart, analyst at Manchester City FC.
- Rubén Reyes, Rayo Vallecano analyst in Madrid.
- Tino Luis Cabrera, analyst at Real Betis Balompié.