The UEFA Women’s Champions League seeding announced will be made on Friday in Nyon. Manchester City and Glasgow City will be seeded, while Chelsea will be again unseeded.
— UEFA Women's CL (@UWCL) August 28, 2017
The seeding pots have been confirmed for the UEFA Women’s Champions League round of 32 draw, which will be streamed live from Nyon at 13:30CET on Friday.
Here is the tournament calendar :
- Qualifying round draw: 23 June
- Qualifying round: 22–28 August
- Round of 32 draw: 1 September
- Round of 32: 4/5 & 11/12 October
- Round of 16 draw: 16 October
- Round of 16: 8/9 & 15/16 November
- Quarter-final & semi-final draw: 24 November
- Quarter-finals: 21/22 & 28/29 March
- Semi-finals: 21/22 & 28/29 April
- Final: 24 May 2018, Valeriy Lobanovskiy Dynamo Stadium, Kyiv
The seeding is as follows :
- Lyon (FRA, holders) coefficient 111.400
- Wolfsburg (GER) 129.380
- FC Rosengård (SWE) 83.925
- Barcelona (ESP) 68.520
- Fortuna Hjørring (DEN) 54.705
- Bayern München (GER) 48.380
- Brøndby (DEN) 47.705
- FC Zürich (SUI) 43.890*
- Rossiyanka (RUS) 37.715
- Manchester City (ENG) 36.490
- Glasgow City (SCO) 34.580
- Zvezda-2005 (RUS) 33.715
- Brescia (ITA) 33.210
- Slavia Praha (CZE) 31.890
- Sparta Praha (CZE) 31.890
- Linköping (SWE) 30.295
- Chelsea (ENG) 29.490
- Montpellier (FRA) 26.400
- LSK Kvinner (NOR) 26.075
- BIIK-Kazygurt (KAZ) 24.930*
- Apollon (CYP) 23.940*
- St. Pölten (AUT) 21.420
- Atlético Madrid (ESP) 20.520
- Olimpia Cluj (ROU) 19.950*
- Medyk Konin (POL) 19.600*
- Gintra Universitetas (LTU) 15.960*
- Stjarnan (ISL) 15.610*
- Fiorentina (ITA) 12.210
- Avaldsnes (NOR) 12.075*
- Minsk (BLR) 10.800*
- PAOK (GRE) 10.305*
- Ajax (NED) 8.250*
*Played in qualifying round
The following regulations also apply:
Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other. No Man City v Chelsea draw.
The winners and runners-up of the same group cannot be drawn against each
other. It means Minsk cannot be drawn against Zurich.
The seeded clubs play the return leg at home.
The 16 winners of the round of 32 contest the round of 16, for which the pairings
are determined by means of a draw. Clubs from the same association cannot be
drawn against each other. No Man City City v Chelsea in the second round
Man City will be favourite against all unseeded teams as they reached last year’s tournament semi-final.
Chelsea will be hoping to avoid Lyon and especially Wolfsburg. They’re unseeded because their record over five years isn’t very good.