Arsenal could reportedly be about to turn their attention back to Riyad Mahrez as their apparent move for Thomas Lemar stalls.

Arsenal’s alleged talks with Monaco over signing Lemar seem to have rumbled on for weeks now and while there’s probably very little truth to what’s actually happening behind the scenes, if reports are to be believed, it seems that Arsene Wenger is getting just as bored as we are.

According to the Daily Mail, Arsenal are set to turn their attention back to Mahrez, who they were previously linked with, should the deal for Lemar not go through.

The Gunners were said to be keen to sign the Leicester winger earlier in the summer but his apparent transfer fee appeared to be a stumbling block and Wenger turned his full attention to 21-year-old Lemar instead.

(L to R) Monaco’s French forward Kylian Mbappe Lottin, Monaco’s French midfielder Thomas Lemar, Monaco’s Colombian forward Radamel Falcao and Monaco’s Brazilian defender Jemerson play with a ball during a training session in La Turbie near Monaco, on July 10, 2017. (VALERY HACHE/AFP/Getty Images)

Arsenal apparently face competition for Mahrez’s signature, however, as Chelsea are also said to be keen on the 26-year-old.

The Daily Star believe that Arsenal are still eager to sign Lemar and Monaco are reportedly willing to do business for £55m, which is £5m more than the figure being thrown around at the weekend.

This comes off the back of Barcelona, Liverpool and Manchester City all being reported to be interested in signing the Monaco man.

Wenger has confirmed Arsenal’s interest in the France international and while it’s doubtful that he’d say so if he wasn’t sure that the talks were going to end positively, stranger things have happened.

Hopefully a conclusion can be drawn either way very soon.