Schalke are reportedly set to sign Arsenal target, Amine Harit.
- Arsenal and Bayern linked with Harit earlier in summer
- Schalke always been favourites to sign 20-year-old
- Harit impressed in first season with senior Nantes team
- Bundesliga club will pay Nantes £7.75m for Harit
- Contract thought to be four-year deal
Nantes playmaker, Harit, has been on Arsenal’s and even Bayern Munich’s radar all summer following his impressive 2016/17 campaign. However, Schalke have always been the favourites to sign the 20-year-old.
Sure enough, it seems that Harit has reportedly signed a four-year deal with the Bundesliga club and is set to complete his £7.75m move, of which £6.25m will be paid up front, very soon.
Arsenal previously apparently had a bid of just over £7m rejected by Nantes. The Gunners supposedly looked as if they were targeting him as a long-term Mesut Ozil replacement but now that it appears that the German’s not going anywhere, Harit doesn’t seem to be needed.
The France international has risen through the ranks at Nantes and was only promoted to the first team last year. However, he went on to make 34 appearances across all competitions, scoring once and assisting once.
Harit had three years left on his contract with the Ligue 1 club.