Lazio have allegedly joined the race to sign Bayer Leverkusen midfielder, Hakan Calhanoglu.
- Calhanoglu can play out wide or in the centre
- Is known as a free-kick specialist
- Midfielder has 26 caps for Turkey and has scored eight for his country
- Arsenal, Chelsea and Lazio all want the 23-year-old
- His release clause is £32.5m but could be sold for less
Arsenal are being linked with Calhanoglu for the first time since about 2015 and they’re not alone.
Chelsea and Lazio are both reportedly after the 23-year-old, who’s known as something of a free-kick specialist in the Bundesliga.
Calhanoglu has a release clause of £32.5m but, as we always say, release clauses aren’t the be all and end all of transfer negations and since the Turkey international has just two years left on his current deal, Leverkusen are supposedly open to selling for less.
Lazio are apparently looking to sell Lucas Biglia to AC Milan soon and once they do they should have the funds to compete against Chelsea and Arsenal.
Although Calhanoglu made just 15 Bundesliga appearances last season, he scored six and assisted five.