Genk have reportedly warned other clubs off defensive midfielder, Sander Berge.
- Arsenal, Everton, and Sevilla linked with Berge
- Sander Berge scout report: What to expect from Arsenal’s latest target
- Midfielder seen as instrumental part of Genk’s squad
- Signed for Genk from Vålerenga in January
- Genk say Berge is not for sale
Berge, who has been linked with Arsenal, Everton and Sevilla recently, isn’t for sale, and Genk wants everyone to know it.
According to Belgian newspaper, Het Belang van Limburg [via talkSPORT], the Belgian side have warned clubs interested in the 19-year-old that he won’t be leaving this summer.
The Norway international, who the Gunners were reportedly willing to cough up £18m for, is seen as an essential part of Genk’s squad after making 27 appearances across all competitions last season.
The six-foot-five midfielder only signed from Norwegian side Vålerenga in January and therefore still has four years left on his deal with Genk.