Schalke fans have bid farewell to Sead Kolasinac, who played his last game for the German club on Saturday.
- Kolasinac signed for Schalke from Stuttgart in 2011
- Made 123 total appearances for first team
- Contract runs out in June with Arsenal thought to be next destination
- Left-back was Schalke fan favourite
- Schalke fans thank Kolasinac for six years at their club
While Schalke do have one fixture left this season against Ingolstadt, Kolasinac will be serving a ban after picking up another yellow card against Hamburg and will therefore not be traveling to Audi-Sportpark on Saturday.
With his contract over in June, it’s near enough certain that he’ll be moving this summer, and while Manchester City and AC Milan have shown interest in the left-back, Kicker and Sport Witness reckon that Arsenal is the 23-year-old’s most likely destination.
In fact, the Bosnia international is already said to have completed his medical in north London.
Kolasinac was one of the Schalke fans’ favourite players and after their Bundesliga side’s 1-1 draw against Hamburg on Saturday, they said their goodbyes, holding up a sign, which translates to: “Six years our crest. Thanks Seo.”